Sunday, November 24, 2013

Game Plan Changes

Game plan Changes

This week were asked to receive ideas from colleagues for advice. In my previous post I discussed first finding information from the internet.  I recently discussed options with another colleague about using a different technology.  She believe it easier to use a You Tube instead of finding a webcast, only because more students are use to viewing clips from You Tube instead of webcast.  This week course text discussed assessing student learning.  "Assessing is an important part of the learning process.  Classroom assessments promotes learning by:  involving, sharing learning goals with students, helping students know and recognize the standards for which they are aiming, involve students in self assessment, provide feedback that leads to student recognizing their next steps, believe that students can improve and last reflect on the assignment" (Cennamo, Ross, Ertmer, 2009, p. 138-139).

The goals selected were first reviewed by me then I looked at what my colleagues want me to work on.  Design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.  In my weekly discussion boards I learned to develop assignments that are not only good for the classroom but more realistic assignments.  I original wanted to use the podcast to help with creativity for students to listen to other students  by using the 21st century material. After using the internet I now understand that You Tube is used more in teenager versus podcast.

 For this lesson to be effective I must be able to Communicate relevant information and ideas.  Todays students lack good social skills because many text all of the times this is why  I am still searching for different skills to help me communicate in the classroom.  I have learned for previous classes with out communication projects and assignments are done wrong and students need help to finish them.  This is why I have a meeting set up with my colleagues to develop other resources.  I have recently been reading different types of online communnities that will help me become more knowledgeable as a teacher and help the student grow.

Reference:

Cennamo, Rosss, Ertmer.  (2007).  Technology Integration for Meaningful Classroom Use.  A Standard Based Approach.  Larureate Education, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment